maandag 15 februari 2010

Highly Sensitive of Hyper Sensitive

http://www.freefoto.com/images/15/43/15_43_51---Poppy_web.jpg

Being hypersensitive could be described as being allergic to life.

For the highly sensitive person (HSP) a seemingly ordinary day can be overwhelming. Even the most subtle of stimulants a person encounters on a daily basis can be over-stimulating. Energies associated with touch, noise, scent, light, etc. are often too quickly or deeply absorbed by the HSP. As a result, the HSP may become mentally confused, emotionally upset, and/or physically uncomfortable. Hypersensitivity is also associated with a heightened sense of awareness and intuition. This makes being a HSP or empath a two-way street.

I have always known that my daughter was a Highly Sensitive person but only last night did I come to realize there must be different gradients to Highly Sensitive. She must be an extra-Highly Sensitive or a Sensitive XXL.

Last night she told me she could tell who’d been in the bathroom before her by the smell of their urine!!! ?????

Then it all fell into place.

When I give her a friendly stroke on her bottom when I walk past she asks me to stop smacking her.
Raising my voice to tell her off is screaming. Punishing is chastising. Making a joke about her is bullying. Touching her body is rape.

The stories of the past few months just suddenly all fell into place as well as her anger: “No one believes me mum. They all say I am a liar. They say I make things up. That I live in cloud cuckoo land. They all hate me, the call me an impostor, a bitch. Why can no one believe me. I am telling the truth. I don’t want to go on like this any more”.

So the only way out for her is suicide.

And it makes me think …

Belgium has one of the highest rates of teenage suicides in the western world. How many of these children are like my daughter? Hyper sensitive. Poppies, so beautiful but ever so delicate.
And how unbelievably, unthinkably cruel the world must be to them. How utterly painful.
How desperate they must feel when all they tell is the truth yet NO ONE believes them.

Or on the contrary. People not being Highly Sensitive translate what they hear to their view of the world and act accordingly. Bringing in social workers, psychologists, psychiatrists, affirming what the child already fears: I am ABNORMAL. I am different than the other kids in my class. There is something REALLY WRONG with me.

Phylameana lila Desy says: Life can become manageable for the HSP. There are a number of ways the HSP can protect himself from harmful energies that interfere with the joys life can offer. Although avoidance may seem like the best response, it really is the worst action to take. Becoming a recluse, choosing to avoid encountering harmful stimuli is not the answer. The point of living on the planet is to evolve your soul/personality. Spiritual growth is nearly impossible to do without involvement and contact with other people. This means that anyone with a sensitive nature must learn how to survive out in the world amidst energies (or energy drains) that are problematic to them.

Are you a Highly Sensitive Person? A Hyper Sensitive?

What have you done to SURVIVE this world me live in?

What tips do you have to help Hyper Sensitive Children like my daughter?

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten